Sustainable development in the Nordic Countries 2003
Nordic Council of Ministers, NOMESCO-NOSOSCO2003 (English)Report (Other (popular science, discussion, etc.))
On 27 May 2003, NOMESCO and NOSOSCO arranged a seminar on Sustainable Social and Health Development in Stockholm. The seminar was a follow-up of a project in 2002 where NOMESCO & NOSOSCO drew up a set of proposals for Nordic Indicators concerning Sustainable Social and Health Development. In 2003, these proposals were followed up by a production of statistics on the proposed indicators.
Both the proposals and the statistics were presented at the seminar, supplemented by some more specific topics that all had relevance to a sustainable social and health development. In this report, the main background papers from the seminar are presented.
- Christer Eriksson, Ministry of Health and Social Affairs, Sweden; Nordic indicators seen in relation to the international collaboration.
- Torben Fridberg, SFI Denmark; General and Social indicators.
- Niels Kr. Rasmussen, SIF, Denmark; Health Indicators.
- Johannes Nielsen, NOMESCO and NOSOSCO, Denmark; Health services indicators.
- Helge Brunborg; Ssb, Norway; The ageing population, trends and problems in the Nordic countries.
- Marja-Liisa Parjanne & Pekka Siren, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health Scenarios for the long-term financial sustainability of the Finnish social protection system.
- Ilija Batljan, Ministry of Health and Social Affairs, Sweden; Macroeconomis scenarios of future and costs of health and social care for the elderly in sweden, 2000-30.
- Gunilla Ringbäck Weitoft, National Board of Health and Welfare, Sweden; Mortality, severe morbidity, injury and educational attainment among children in single parent families.
- Torben Fridberg, SFI, Denmark; Indicators on low income.
- Henrik Brønnum-Hansen, SIF, Denmark; Health expectancy and the hypotheses of compression, expansion and dynamic equilibrium.
- Seppo Koskinen, National Public Health Institute, Finland; Well-being in relation to health.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
Copenhagen, 2003. , 175 p.
indicators seen in relation to the international collaboration; general and social indicators; health indicators; health services indicators; the ageing population, trends and problems in the Nordic countries; macroeconomic scenarios of future and costs of health and social care for the elderly in sweden; Mortality, severe morbidity, injury and educational attainment among children in single parent families; indicators on low income; health expectancy and the hypotheses of compression, expansion and dynamic equilibrium.
Social Sciences Medical and Health Sciences
Research subject Welfare; Health; Statistics
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:norden:org:diva-4602ISBN: 87-89702-47-6OAI: oai:DiVA.org:norden-4602DiVA: diva2:968685