Den norrländska jakt- och fångstkulturens hällmålningar och deras lokalisation.
Independent thesis Basic level (degree of Bachelor), 10 credits / 15 HE creditsStudent thesisAlternative title
The rock paintings of the hunter-gatherers in the province of Norrland, and their localisation. (English)
The rock paintings of the hunter-gatherers in the province of Norrland, and their localisation.
The aim of this thesis is to find a couple of distinguishing features for the localisation of the rock paintings of the hunter-gatherers in Norrland. This will be done through studies of Swedish and international literature, about ancient rock-art and the belief system of the hunter-gatherers. I will make comparisons with other groups of hunter-gatherers and try to find analogies. My belief is that there must be a large number of undetected rock paintings in Norrland. They are hard to find because of overgrowth by lichen and damages due to wethering. Theretoo I feel that there hasn´t been enough of structured surveys. I hope that my resulting short list of practical clues of where to find them will help:
- seek for them in the boreal forest area from 200 meters above the sea level to the present alpine tree line zone
- in close vicinity to neolithic winter dwellings
- in close vicinity to pitfall traps
- on vertical rock walls of cliffs or boulders
- in close vicinity to standing water/ alternatively in a hillside in the forest
- the rock faces to the south
- on imposing natural formations
- try to find them in cloudy, humid weather
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2016. , 28 p.
rock paintings, neolithic, hunter-gatherers, Norrland, localisation
Humanities Archaeology History
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:uu:diva-295851OAI: oai:DiVA.org:uu-295851DiVA: diva2:935227