Change search
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
Den analfabetiska ön: Om runinskrifternas relation till centralplatser under folkvandringstiden i Sverige.
Linnaeus University, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Department of Cultural Sciences.
2016 (Swedish)Independent thesis Basic level (degree of Bachelor), 10 credits / 15 HE creditsStudent thesis
Abstract [en]

This essay studies the runic inscriptions from the Migration period in Sweden and their connection to central places. The essays main focus is to identify the find location of the runic inscriptions and through that investigate if they appear in or nearby a central place from the same time period. The essay is divided into three different parts, in the first part I locate the runic inscriptions location of discovery. The second part contains locating defined central places or central areas in or nearby the location of the runic inscriptions. In the last part I separate the runic inscriptions and the objects material on which it is found upon, in order to identify if it is the inscription itself, or the object itself, which can be linked to centrality in the landscape. The result of the study shows that 10 % of the treated runic inscriptions are found in a defined central place during the Migration period in Sweden. 67 % of the runic inscriptions has been found in defined central areas, which all together means that 77 % of the treated runic inscriptions are connected to centrality in the landscape during the Migration period in Sweden. Furthermore, 15 % of the inscriptions can possibly be linked to central areas and the last 8 % show no connection to any sort of centrality in the landscape.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2016. , 36 p.
Keyword [en]
central places, runes, runic inscriptions, migration period, central areas, Sweden
Keyword [sv]
centralplatser, runor, runinskrifter, folkvandringstid, centralområden, Sverige
National Category
Archaeology
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:lnu:diva-48764OAI: oai:DiVA.org:lnu-48764DiVA: diva2:893900
Subject / course
Archaeology
Supervisors
Examiners
Available from: 2016-01-14 Created: 2016-01-13 Last updated: 2016-01-14Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

fulltext(1850 kB)119 downloads
File information
File name FULLTEXT01.pdfFile size 1850 kBChecksum SHA-512
098001a10b1cf75704c46496b33d2a4906b4040f20d67afff02d1e87a3bda2a3cb643ebc3d8017cba84481159d1fce4526f595302f2d447b8ad7723e4c9bfc4f
Type fulltextMimetype application/pdf

Search in DiVA

By author/editor
Sandberg, Viktoria
By organisation
Department of Cultural Sciences
Archaeology

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar
Total: 119 downloads
The number of downloads is the sum of all downloads of full texts. It may include eg previous versions that are now no longer available

urn-nbn

Altmetric score

urn-nbn
Total: 201 hits
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf