Change search
ReferencesLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
LEAN i ankomst och kontroll: Processkartläggning av ankomst och kontroll av material på Sanmina i Örnsköldsvik. Syftet är att genom analys identifiera slöseri i processen och genomföra förbättringar som eliminerar eller minskar störningar
Umeå University, Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Applied Physics and Electronics.
2015 (Swedish)Independent thesis Basic level (professional degree), 10 credits / 15 HE creditsStudent thesisAlternative title
LEAN in receivehall and inspection : Process mapping of the recievehall and inspection of materials at Sanmina in Örnsköldsvik. The aim is that through analysis identify waste in the process and implement improvements that eliminate or reduce distractions. (English)
Abstract [sv]

This report is the result of a thesis at the company Sanmina in Örnsköldsvik. The thesis is the final work at the mechanical engineering program at Umeå University.

Sanmina has in 2015 launched an initiative to ensure that all sites are using LEAN principles and tools to enhance their business. As part of the plan for the LEAN-work, an LSS (Lean Six Sigma)-project has started to study the company's receivehall and inspection. The problem is that receive and inspection for a long time had difficulties to achieve the goal that all deliveries should be in stock within 24 hours after arrival.

The aim of the project is to define the problems affecting the time negative and find solutions using process mapping, time studies and statistics available.

At present, around 30% of the time goes to other things than efficient work at the inspection. Over a 25 week period (2014-2015) has an average of 41% of the deliveries passed the goal to be in stock within 24 hours, the remaining 59% have taken more than 24 hours, before the articles is in stock.

The proposal that has been developed on the new process flow is based on the staff's views, time-study of the effective time of the inspection, the problems that were defined at process mapping and the new warehouse management system to be introduced in the fall. 

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
, MA, 1442
National Category
Engineering and Technology Mechanical Engineering
URN: urn:nbn:se:umu:diva-104916OAI: diva2:821754
External cooperation
Educational program
Bachelor of Science Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
Available from: 2015-06-16 Created: 2015-06-15 Last updated: 2015-06-16Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

fulltext(6514 kB)127 downloads
File information
File name FULLTEXT01.pdfFile size 6514 kBChecksum SHA-512
Type fulltextMimetype application/pdf

By organisation
Department of Applied Physics and Electronics
Engineering and TechnologyMechanical Engineering

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar
Total: 127 downloads
The number of downloads is the sum of all downloads of full texts. It may include eg previous versions that are now no longer available

Total: 108 hits
ReferencesLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link