Project "Use of ozone depleting substances in laboratories - ODSLAB" evaluated the uses of ozone depleting substances (ODS) in the Nordic countries using a questionnaire as the principal survey method.
The principal targets of the project were to:
- recognize the laboratory use purposes of ozone depleting substances
- assess the amounts of ozone depleting substances used for various use purposes
- recognize possible substitute methods, especially for oil-in-water -assays
- recognize obstacles to substitution
- gather information on the fate of the ozone depleting substances
- gather background information for future policies and especially
- give information for the laboratories on the possibilities to substitute the substances.
The recognized ODS using analysis methods and available information on substitute methods are described in this report. The practical applicability of a substitute method has to be determined case by case.
Copenhagen: Nordisk Ministerråd, 2003. , 165 p.