EU REACH Enforcement project: Final report 2008
Nordic Council of Ministers, Nordic Council of Ministers SecretariatNordic Council of Ministers, Nordic Council of Ministers Secretariat, Nordisk Kemikaliegruppe (NKG)2008 (English)Book (Other academic)
REACH, the new EU Regulation on chemicals, implies a significant restructuring and enlargement in the field of chemicals regulation, and thus also of enforcement. The importance of the Forum for enforcement included in REACH for a good implementation of REACH was early recognised. In 2006 the Nordic Chemicals Group and the Netherlands granted funds to start a joint EU project on enforcement of REACH. The aim of the project was to:
- Identify present enforcement and new needs due to REACH.
- Investigate the state of preparation of the Member States and start preparing for the operative work of the Forum.
- Elaborate work division, co-operation and information exchange.
- Prepare a draft proposal for Rules of Procedure for the Forum.
- Develop a compendium of useful enforcement method.
The project has resulted in several independent reports that are included in this final report. A presentation of the results has been given by the project at the 1st meeting of the Forum 11 December 2007.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
Copenhagen: Nordic Council of Ministers , 2008. , 185 p.
TemaNord, ISSN 0908-6692 ; 2008:561
Research subject Chemicals; Environment
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:norden:org:diva-2363DOI: 10.6027/TN2008-561ISBN: 978-92-893-1717-7OAI: oai:DiVA.org:norden-2363DiVA: diva2:702748