Independent thesis Basic level (university diploma), 15 credits / 22,5 HE credits
The assignment were assigned by Camatec Industriteknik AB. Camatec is a Karlstadlocated consulting company, they make everything from pilot studies to complete projects in mechanical design and calculation. They even have their own patented product, Camcoil. It is a winder for steel strips and is used for example with hardening of the steel strip. The assignment has been to solve the problems encountered by some customers within this product. The product which is relatively simple consists of a mantle which can vary in diameter by means of hydraulic cylinders The problem was that it had concurred indentations on the striped steel next to the Camcoil. This destroys the further handling of the coil. The goal has been to develop three kinds of solutions that take into account different customer requirements. These solutions have been divided into price ranges, thus low-cost, mid-cost, and high-cost. The high-cost solution has been a combination of the mid-cost-solution and a bandgrip. One wish was to simplify the existing bandgrip.
The functional requirements those are set depending on the customer:
• Must be able to prevent sagging, then some form of support should be available to the band at reeling.
• Not allowed to weld in the mantle beneath the welded ears.
• Must be able to take a band-pull at max 1 ton.
• The space at the clearance on the reel should be free at the use of lifting hook (midcost, high-cost)
• Steel strip with thickness 0.2-1 mm is to be pinched to the reel (High-cost).
• A stop for the band at pinching must exist (high-cost).
The non-functional requirements that have applied for all price ranges:
• Develop the simplest solution as possible.
• Standard components recommend being used to reduce costs.
• The solution should be user friendly and easy to maintain.
The major problem has been the lack of space in the reel with the requirements of midcost solution. Due to a lifting hook to be used it has been very difficult to come up with a mechanism that would work as a support. A comprehensive concept generation has been done with a number of different concepts for each price ranges solution. The concepts have been evaluated and compared and with the help of elimination- and decision matrix has a concept selection for each price range been developed. The result for the low-cost solution is a rolled sheet metal that is overstrung on the outside of the mantle, this means when the mantle will collapse the rolled sheet metal will follow along. Mid-cost solution resulted in a mechanical lid uses mantle movement with the help of parallel rods wander vertically down and account the space for the lifting hook. A simplification of the bandgrip were made with boomerang stays, this gave more space and fewer parts. The combination of the mid-cost solution and the simplified bandgrip were the high-cost solution.
2013. , 71 p.