En laptop till varje elev: en studie om gymnasieskolans satsning på datorer i undervisningen
Independent thesis Advanced level (professional degree), 10 credits / 15 HE creditsStudent thesis
The aim of this study is to highlight the computer as a learning resource in the education and give us knowledge about how the students uses the computer in year one in a selected High School where one computer per student were introduced in autumn 2011. The aim is also to contribute to the discussion about how the computer can become a natural learning resource for all students in all subjects, including the students in need of special support.
- How are the High School students using the computer?
- Are there differences in computer use, whether the student is in academic or vocational program?
- Are there differences in computer use between boys and girls?
- Do the student experience that the digital competence is increasing together with if they experience the computer as aid?
- In what degree do the teachers encourage the students to use the computer?
- How much do the students use the computer to learn mathematic?
The study is based on a survey of all students in year one in a municipal High School.
The result of the study is showing that the students first of all use the computer to play music, surf the Internet and to be logged in on social media (eg. Facebook). The students have learned to use the computer for the tasks they need, although the teachers don’t encourage the students to use the computer in any higher means, not in mathematics and not in other subjects. Use of the computer as a learning resource in mathematic does almost not exist. There is a lot of work for the teachers to do before the students can use the computer as a learning resource as it is and not only see the computer as a tool.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2012. , 60 p.
IT, matematik, digital kompetens, gymnasiet, datorstödd undervisning, lärresurs
Pedagogy Pedagogical Work
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:kau:diva-13605Local ID: SLP-2OAI: oai:DiVA.org:kau-13605DiVA: diva2:532987
Subject / course
Teacher Education - Special Education
Tengberg, MichaelTanner, Marie
Pérez Prieto, Héctor