Fyra pedagogers tankar om synen på förskolans uppdrag
Independent thesis Basic level (professional degree), 10 credits / 15 HE creditsStudent thesis
The purpose of my essay has been to illustrate any possible differences between pre-school teachers’ and parents' views on the mission of the pre-school put in relation to the pre-school curriculum. In my study I have taken a starting point in the following questions:
- How do pre-school teachers understand the mission of the pre-school?
- Do pre-school teachers recognize the term baby-sitting from their profession?
- How do pre-school teachers perceive the parents' view on the mission of the pre-school?
- How concerned are the parents according to the pre-school teachers about the pedagogical activities of the pre-school?
- What do the pre-school teachers do to inform the parents about the pre-school curriculum and how aware do they think that the parents are of the curriculum?
- What are the plans of the pre-schools to fulfill the new part of the revised curriculum that comes into effect July 1 2011?
I chose to utilize the qualitative method with the hermeneutics as a theoretical framework in my study and through interviews study my questions. The interviews were made with four pre-school teachers from different pre-schools in the south of Stockholm. Central concepts in the study are baby-sitting and pedagogical activities. The concept baby-sitting does not have a proper definition but I have omitted from the School Law description that the pre-school operation should exist for the children whose parents are working or studying. When it comes to the concept pedagogical activity I have primarily omitted from Linder & Breinhild Mortensen, Niss och Johanson & Pramling Samuelssons theories. Since I have studied the view on the pre-school's mission in relation to the pre-school curriculum I have also included a short presentation of the curriculum documents in the section about the pedagogical activities. The results show that there are differences between different pre-school teachers' view on the mission of the pre-school and thus also between the view of the parents. A reoccurring problem throughout the whole study seems to be that the parents do not have the time or the energy to be committed within the activities of the pre-school.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2011. , 42 p.
barnpassning, pedagogisk verksamhet
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:sh:diva-8853OAI: oai:DiVA.org:sh-8853DiVA: diva2:420838
Subject / course
Bohlin, Henrik, Docent
Segerlund, Lisbeth, Högskolelektor