Change search
ReferencesLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Technical and Economical Analysis of Ground Source Heat Pump Systems with BHE in Poland
KTH, School of Industrial Engineering and Management (ITM). KTH, School of Industrial Engineering and Management (ITM), Energy Technology, Applied Thermodynamics and Refrigeration.
2011 (English)Independent thesis Advanced level (degree of Master (Two Years)), 30 credits / 45 HE creditsStudent thesis
Abstract [en]

Nowadays, Ground Source Heat Pumps (GSHPs) are more frequently acting as a main or the only device covering the building heat/cool demand. The most efficient way to extract/dissipate the low-temperature heat from/to the ground is by means of Borehole Heat Exchanger (BHE). In this Master of Science Thesis various aspects related to this technology are studied, focused on summarizing the possibilities of installing this tech-nology in Poland. Borehole drilling methods used in Poland and Sweden are analyzed and the most proper and economical ones according to Polish geological structure are proposed. Approximately for 80 % of Poland the ground should be penetrated with Mud Rotary Drilling, while for the rest 20 % DTH Air or Water driven hammer should be used. Solutions of Thermal Insulated Leg (TIL) Borehole Heat Exchanger cooperation with mechanical ventilation system are proposed and simple preliminary estimations show higher Coefficient of Performance (COP) in comparison to normal, common situation, where standard U-pipe BHE works. The possibility of using a new product (Energy Capsule - EC) in Polish conditions is surveyed, found hard to prosper at Polish market according to its high costs. Profitability of Ground Source Heat Pumps with Borehole Heat Exchanger in different geological regions of Poland is investigated. After conducted simulations it occurred that Polish lowland regions are cheaper in exploita-tion, while uplands regions are less expensive at investment level. Finally, the most ef-ficient BHE conception from those currently available at market as well as recently in-vented is suggested. Annular coaxial BHE in a form of Energy Capsule seems to be the most beneficial from all designs taken into account during performed simulations because of its low price and good thermal properties.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2011. , 80 p.
Keyword [en]
Ground Source Heat Pumps, Borehole Heat Exchanger
National Category
Other Environmental Engineering
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-33642OAI: oai:DiVA.org:kth-33642DiVA: diva2:416739
Subject / course
Refrigerating Engineering
Educational program
Master of Science in Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Presentation
2011-05-11, ETT Library, Department of Energy Technology, KTH, Stockholm, 15:11 (English)
Uppsok
Technology
Supervisors
Examiners
Available from: 2011-05-31 Created: 2011-05-12 Last updated: 2011-05-31Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

Michal Wajman MSc Thesis(2682 kB)1433 downloads
File information
File name FULLTEXT01.pdfFile size 2682 kBChecksum SHA-512
6465bb5bba797ad0bb9d6c69981e1ae0eb6fbd30274f289a53f46f7aaa2c2c8923b128690d4cd01b872fc38df396eb181ee54ca8dc12b65644339d1a7e4f9bd5
Type fulltextMimetype application/pdf

Search in DiVA

By author/editor
Wajman, Michal
By organisation
School of Industrial Engineering and Management (ITM)Applied Thermodynamics and Refrigeration
Other Environmental Engineering

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar
Total: 1433 downloads
The number of downloads is the sum of all downloads of full texts. It may include eg previous versions that are now no longer available

Total: 521 hits
ReferencesLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link