Omregleringen av det svenska apoteksmonopolet: Finns det teoretiskt och historiskt stöd för att regeringens mål kommer att uppfyllas?
Independent thesis Advanced level (degree of Master (One Year)), 20 credits / 30 HE creditsStudent thesisAlternative title
The reregulation of the Swedish pharmacy monopoly : Does theory and history support that the governments goals will be fulfilled? (English)
Research Question: Does the pharmacy market seem to change in accordance with the goals stipulated by the government due to the reregulation?
This leads to the following sub-questions:
- Does it seem like the availability of medical drugs for consumers increase?
- Does it seem like service for consumers get enhanced?
- Does it seem like the supply of services for consumers increase?
- Does it seem like the costs of medical drugs are maintained?
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to evaluate if the trends resulting from the reregulation of the pharmacy monopoly correspond to the goals stipulated by the government.
- The purpose is furthermore to compare the reregulation of other Swedish markets and the reregulation of the pharmacy market in other Nordic countries in order to heed their lessons.
Method: This study uses method triangulation, with a questionnaire directed to pharmacy customers forming the quantitative basis and interviews with specialists regarding the pharmacy market, forming the qualitative. The study also draws heavily on historic data regarding reregulation of Swedish markets and reregulation of the pharmacy market in other Nordic countries.
- Availability of medical drugs has increased and will presumably continue to do so.
- Service quality has increased somewhat and will presumably continue to do so.
- Supply of services has increased and it will presumably continue to do so.
- The cost of medical drugs will only increase if it is required in order to satisfy the other goals.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2010. , 79 p.
Reregulation, state monopoly, privatization and the pharmacy market
Omreglering, statliga monopol, privatisering, apoteksmarknaden
Economics and Business
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:sh:diva-7282OAI: oai:DiVA.org:sh-7282DiVA: diva2:406186
UppsokSocial and Behavioural Science, Law
Scheutz, Curt, DocentMillak, Jurek, HögskolelektorSmolander, Maria, Högskolelektor
Wagué, Cheick, Professor