Change search
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
Klimatkalkyl för flerbostadshus: Klimatbelastande poster i tidigt skede
Dalarna University, School of Technology and Business Studies, Construction.
2019 (Swedish)Independent thesis Basic level (degree of Bachelor), 10 credits / 15 HE creditsStudent thesisAlternative title
Carbon footprint calculations for apartment buildings (English)
Abstract [sv]

Klimatförändringarna är ett faktum. Den förstärkta växthuseffekten hotar att förinta både djur och naturliv om inte åtgärder vidtas. I Parisavtalet fastslås att det centrala målet är att hålla den globala uppvärmningen under två grader men med en strävan att inte gå över en och en halv grad. För att göra det möjligt krävs åtgärder och metoder som säkerställer en minskning av växthusgaser i atmosfären. Klimatkalkyl är ett verktyg som kan användas för att se vad ett projekt har för totalt utsläpp, samt se till materialens enskilda utsläpp.

Syftet med denna studie är att upprätta en klimatkalkyl för ett flerbostadshus i Borlänge kommun. Att utifrån klimatkalkylen identifiera projektets totala utsläpp för att sedan jämföra dom två högst belastande materialen med potentiella material. Jämförelse görs i produktionsskedet (A1-A3). Resultatet visar att betongen stod för 38 % och armering för 11 % av det totala utsläppet av växthusgaser. Tillsammans utgör dessa material 49 % av det totala utsläppet. Betongen och armeringen jämfördes med Skanskas gröna betong och armering från Celsa Steel Service. Med ett byte av traditionell betong och armering till klimatsmartare material kan en sänkning på 41 % göras för utsläppen ifrån tillverkningen av betongen och armeringen tillsammans.

Genom att byta ut lite av cementen till slagg, i betongen, kan en halvering för utsläpp av växthusgaser göras. Trots en markant ökning av hållfasthetsklass på betongen kunde det fastställas att den grönare betongen fortfarande haft en lägre klimatpåverkan än den ursprungliga betongen. Tillsammans med armering, som tillverkas av skrot och förnybar energi, är det möjligt att bidra till en sänkning av CO2-utsläppen för Bygg- och fastighetssektorn. Verktyget ECO2 som används för att upprätta klimatkalkylen är ett bra redskap för att i tidigt skede identifiera material med hög klimatbelastning för att möjliggöra ett byte av material.

Arbetet har bidragit till att skapa en större förståelse för vad materialhantering och tillverkning av material har för avgörande faktorer för ett materials utsläpp utav växthusgaser. Slutsatsen av arbetet visar på vikten av att i tidigt skede bli medveten om vikten av materialval för att minska utsläppen. Genom byte av en eller två material är det möjligt att sänka utsläppen avsevärt vilket kan bidra till att nå målen om klimatneutralitet till år 2045.

Abstract [en]

Climate change is a fact. The amplified greenhouse effect threatens to destroy both plant- and animal life if no actions are made. One of the main matters in the Paris agreement is to keep the global warming under 2 degree Celsius but with the ambition to keep it under 1, 5 degree Celsius. To make this possible requires actions and methods to ensure a reductions of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. Carbon footprint calculation is a tool that can be used to see the total emissions from a project, but also to see specific materials emissions.

The intention with this thesis is to establish a carbon footprint calculation for a apartment building in Borlänge county. By using the carbon footprint calculations identify the projects total emissions and compare the top two emission materials with other materials. The comparison is made in the product stage (A1-A3). The results shows that 38 % of the total emissions comes from concreate and 11% from reinforcing bars. Together they make up 49 % of the total emissions from the project. The concreate was compared with Skanskas Green concreate and the reinforcing bars was compared with bars from Celsa Steel Service. To exchange both concreate and reinforcing bars to more climate friendly materials would mean a lowering of the emissions with 1% in the product stage.

By exchange some of the cement to dross, in the concreate, the emissions of greenhouse gases from it can be cut in half. Even after a significant increase of the concreates solidity it could be established that the green concreate still had less emissions of greenhouse gases than the original concreate. Together with the reinforcing bars, which are made of junk and renewably energy, it is possible to contribute to a lowering of greenhouse gases by the constructionand real estate sector. The instrument ECO2, which was used to establish the carbon footprint calculation, is a good tool to identify materials with high emissions in the early stage. This grant a possibility to locate and change these materials with high emissions of greenhouse gases.

This thesis has contributed to creating a understanding for what crucial factors the handling of materials and the manufacturing of materials to lower the emissions of greenhouse gases. The conclusion of the thesis proves the importance of being aware in the early stage of which materials have the most emissions and if they can be replaced by something better. By replacing one or two materials it is possible to lower the emissions of greenhouse gases considerably which had contributed in the quest to reach climate neutrality by 2045.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2019.
Keywords [en]
Carbon footprint calculation; CO2 equivalent; Greenhouse gas
Keywords [sv]
Klimatkalkyl, Koldioxidekvivalenter, växthusgaser
National Category
Environmental Analysis and Construction Information Technology
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:du-30454OAI: oai:DiVA.org:du-30454DiVA, id: diva2:1331304
Available from: 2019-06-26 Created: 2019-06-26

Open Access in DiVA

fulltext(1263 kB)27 downloads
File information
File name FULLTEXT01.pdfFile size 1263 kBChecksum SHA-512
2a350b1a5b455f4cb7b0583b7e2b5406bac67744b58d061a8b57ba3610af58fbb98593b904f2328a39d5f65d918e9d252a2216d6d53b5ef06692888873d737ba
Type fulltextMimetype application/pdf

By organisation
Construction
Environmental Analysis and Construction Information Technology

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar
Total: 27 downloads
The number of downloads is the sum of all downloads of full texts. It may include eg previous versions that are now no longer available

urn-nbn

Altmetric score

urn-nbn
Total: 55 hits
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf