Change search
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
Folklig sång i sångundervisning. Hur vanligt är det egentligen?: En kartläggning av svensk folkmusik i sångundervisning.
Karlstad University, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (starting 2013), Department of Artistic Studies (from 2013).
2018 (Swedish)Independent thesis Advanced level (professional degree), 10 credits / 15 HE creditsStudent thesisAlternative title
Folk singing in vocal studies. How common is it? : A mapping of Swedish traditional music in singing education. (English)
Abstract [sv]

Syftet med föreliggande kvantitativa enkätstudie är att undersöka vilka förutsättningar som finns för att lära sig folklig sång i sångundervisning Detta gjordes genom att undersöka sångpedagogers förtrogenhet i att undervisa i svensk folkmusik, hur vanligt förekommande folklig sång är i undervisningen och genom att kartlägga repertoarområden i sångundervisningen. Tidigare forskning visar att rock och pop dominerar musikundervisningen i grundskolan. Resultatet visar att folklig sång sällan förekommer och att äldre traditionella visor och ballader är det vanligaste repertoarområdet. Nära 80% av sångpedagogerna uttrycker att de saknar eller att de delvis har förtrogenhet för folklig sång. Resterande, strax över 20%, uttrycker att de till stor del eller helt har förtrogenhet för folklig sång. I diskussionen lyfts de stilistiska dragen fram i förhållanden till repertoarområden vilket mynnar ut i att förutsättningen att möta vissa av folkmusikens stilistiska drag är betydligt lägre än andra. Där diskuteras också resultatet i förhållande till skolans styrdokument och tidigare forskning.

Abstract [en]

The purpose of the present quantitative survey study is to investigate the prerequisites for learning folk songs in singing education today. This was done by examining singing educators' familiarity with teaching Swedish folk music, how common folk songs are, and a mapping of traditional folk music repertoire areas in singing education. Previous research shows that rock and pop dominate music education in elementary school. The result showed that folk songs rarely occur and that older traditional songs and ballads are the most common repertoire area. Nearly 80% of singing teachers say they lack, or have some familiarity with traditional singing. The remaining 20% of report that they largely or completely familiarize themselves with traditional singing. In the discussion, stylistic elements are discussed in relation to various areas of repertoire. Furthermore, the lack of prerequisites for meeting the traditional features in folk music is discussed in relation to the tendency of overemphasizing some repertoire areas. Finally, the result is discussed in relation to governing documents and previous research.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2018. , p. 52
Keywords [en]
Musical expressions, genre breadth, Swedish folk music, traditional singing, quantitative study, survey
Keywords [sv]
Musikaliska uttryck, genrebredd, svensk folkmusik, folklig sång, kvantitativ studie, enkäter
National Category
Music
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:kau:diva-68290OAI: oai:DiVA.org:kau-68290DiVA, id: diva2:1229691
Subject / course
Music
Educational program
Music Teacher Education Programme (300 ECTS credits)
Supervisors
Examiners
Available from: 2018-07-02 Created: 2018-07-02 Last updated: 2018-07-02Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

Arkivfil(2219 kB)2 downloads
File information
File name FULLTEXT01.pdfFile size 2219 kBChecksum SHA-512
ffaef77e8e67293f78bb494ae735a43e2f59eed4df4b7e0c171bf78c89c3aa0d4085b86706ffd12146fd70316c266de41a5bc62633c03c827938ac2f01f135fe
Type fulltextMimetype application/pdf

By organisation
Department of Artistic Studies (from 2013)
Music

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar
Total: 2 downloads
The number of downloads is the sum of all downloads of full texts. It may include eg previous versions that are now no longer available

urn-nbn

Altmetric score

urn-nbn
Total: 4 hits
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf