Change search
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
Giftfri förskola: Hur upplever förskolorna kommunernas hjälp?
Umeå University, Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Ecology and Environmental Sciences.
2017 (Swedish)Independent thesis Basic level (degree of Bachelor), 10 credits / 15 HE creditsStudent thesis
Abstract [en]

The purpose of this study is to evaluate how, and if, Sweden's municipalities contribute to their preschools work for a toxic free environment, and what the schools think of the support they are receiving. The study will also focus on the municipality of Uddevalla and evaluate status and progress of making a chemical-safe environment for preschool children. The study was performed by sending out two different surveys by email to preschool principals and municipalities. The results of the study showed that Sweden's municipalities mostly support the preschools by offering information, education, action plans and procurement. A majority of the preschool principals answered that the support they receive was partially the reason for why they are able to work with such a project. They also think in most cases that the support is sufficient to carry out the work. The support of the municipality in the work is for some preschools crucial. The result of the study of Uddevalla shows that in 72 % of the preschools have or are working with a project to eliminate children's exposure to toxic chemicals. The remaining 28 % are not working with such a project and have no plan to do so. The results based on the survey in Uddevalla is in good agreement with the rest of Sweden, where 86 % of the principals answered that they have or are working with such a project. These results show that Swedish preschools are heading for a more chemical safe environment, although a lot needs to be done before it is accomplished. 

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2017. , p. 19
Keyword [en]
Toxic free school, toxic free environment, nontoxic toys and materials
National Category
Environmental Sciences
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:umu:diva-143182OAI: oai:DiVA.org:umu-143182DiVA, id: diva2:1167499
Subject / course
Examensarbete i miljö och hälsoskydd
Educational program
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health
Available from: 2018-01-09 Created: 2017-12-18 Last updated: 2018-01-09Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

fulltext(172 kB)39 downloads
File information
File name FULLTEXT01.pdfFile size 172 kBChecksum SHA-512
f3617d1f9b7d3c45eef725f9e2c137be77b3beb37d20ba8a1098af115df2b14f256598fc39e5641852895172573c171adb1d9e0a25f74b60fba0e74c4d2fcdfc
Type fulltextMimetype application/pdf

By organisation
Department of Ecology and Environmental Sciences
Environmental Sciences

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar
Total: 39 downloads
The number of downloads is the sum of all downloads of full texts. It may include eg previous versions that are now no longer available

urn-nbn

Altmetric score

urn-nbn
Total: 147 hits
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
v. 2.34-SNAPSHOT
|