Change search
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
Concept for an autonomous surface vessel operating in an unknown naval environment
KTH, School of Engineering Sciences (SCI), Aeronautical and Vehicle Engineering, Naval Systems.
2016 (English)Independent thesis Advanced level (degree of Master (Two Years)), 20 credits / 30 HE creditsStudent thesis
Abstract [en]

In 2010 about 25% of the Swedish coastal areas had been surveyed with modern bathymetry methods, the rest was surveyed with older methods in the 1800s. By 2015 this portion has increased to 48% and the Swedish Maritime Administration's goal is to have surveyed 75% by 2020. The remaining 25% consists mostly of shallow water with a depth of less than 10 meters. These areas are di-cult to measure with conventional methods; surveying ships equipped with a multi-beam sonar. Of these areas the Swedish Maritime Administration intend to survey 15% by 2022. This is only possible if newer technologies are made available for surveying shallower waters. This thesis is a part of a project developing an autonomous vessel suited for bathymetric surveying in shallow waters. The thesis focuses on the proof of concept as well as the development and testing of a prototype vessel and its systems. The benet of an autonomous vessel like this is that it is supposed to be cheaper and easier to operate than a smaller ship with sonars operated by a crew.

Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
2016. , p. 33
Series
TRITA-AVE, ISSN 1651-7660 ; 2016:08
National Category
Engineering and Technology
Identifiers
URN: urn:nbn:se:kth:diva-198517OAI: oai:DiVA.org:kth-198517DiVA, id: diva2:1057203
Examiners
Available from: 2016-12-16 Created: 2016-12-16 Last updated: 2016-12-16Bibliographically approved

Open Access in DiVA

fulltext(78257 kB)47 downloads
File information
File name FULLTEXT01.pdfFile size 78257 kBChecksum SHA-512
e5b6c15fc5c25f716f568babdd9c930081d068f4676224a8a4228c6dd237fb3d89fb7e478f4aef5dceece9e95454184034bcf448c65116685bd3c2644f4b03cc
Type fulltextMimetype application/pdf

By organisation
Naval Systems
Engineering and Technology

Search outside of DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar
Total: 47 downloads
The number of downloads is the sum of all downloads of full texts. It may include eg previous versions that are now no longer available

urn-nbn

Altmetric score

urn-nbn
Total: 150 hits
CiteExportLink to record
Permanent link

Direct link
Cite
Citation style
  • apa
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Other style
More styles
Language
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Other locale
More languages
Output format
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf